By the river Piedra I sat down and wept.
我坐在琵卓河畔,哭泣
There is a legend that everything that falls into the waters of this river
传说 所有掉进这条河的东西
leaves, insects, the feathers of birds
不管是落叶 虫尸还是鸟羽
is transformed into the rocks that make the riverbed.
都化成石头 累积成河床
If only I could tear out my heart
假若我能将我的心撕成碎片
and hurl it into the current,
投入湍急的流水之中
Then
那么
my pain and longing would be over,
我的痛苦与渴望就能了结
and I
而我
could finally forget.
终能将一切遗忘
By the river Piedra I sat down and wept.
我坐在琵卓河畔,哭泣
The winter air chills the tears on my cheeks,
冬天的空气让颊上的泪珠变得冷冽
and my tears fall into the cold waters that course past me.
冷冷的泪又滴入眼前奔流的冷冷的河里
Somewhere,
在某些我看不见,也感知不到的地方
this river joins another, then another,
它将注入另一条河
until
然后
far from my heart
再汇入另一条河
and sight all of them merge with the sea
直至流入大海
.
May my tears run just as far,
且让我的泪流那么远吧
that
这样
my love might never know
我的爱人将永远不会知道
that one day
曾有那么一天
I cried for him
我为他而哭泣
May my tears run just as far
且让我的泪流那么远吧
That
这样
I might forget the river Piedra
或许我就能遗忘琵卓河
the monastery, the church in the Pyrenees, the mists,
修道院 庇里斯山教堂 那些迷雾
and the paths we walked together.
以及我俩曾一起走过的小径
I shall forget the roads, the mountains,
我终将遗忘梦境中的 我终将遗忘梦境中的
and the fields of my dreams
那些路径 山岚与田野
the dreams that will never come true.
遗忘那些永远不能实现的梦
|